‘We believe everyone should be able to feel good, no matter their circumstances. We are lucky enough to still have Salon@ standing after the pandemic, let alone thriving as much as it is. With that in mind, we would like to spread the “good feeling” to those who are less fortunate. We work with cosmetics and toiletries all day, every day and understand how these things can have an impact on how we feel, our confidence and our overall well being. Some people aren’t able to access basic and essential toiletries, let alone luxury, “nice to have” items.’ – Lilian L’Amore, Salon@, Downham Market.
Toiletries Amnesty work incredibly hard to alleviate hygiene poverty across the UK by collecting unwanted, lightly used and spare toiletry products and donating them to homeless shelters and hostels, women and children’s refuges, mental health services, children and families centres, food banks, refugee support groups, NHS Trust services, schools and colleges, prison services, and more. In 2021 alone they have helped give access to toiletries to over a million people across the UK and beyond, whilst also diverting thousands of tonnes of toiletries waste from landfill.
Salon@ invite you to join them in fundraising for this wonderful cause by attending their 4th Birthday Party – ‘Feel good, Do good’. They will also be celebrating becoming a new drop-off point for Toiletries Amnesty; meaning you can donate any toiletry products to those in need, just by dropping them off at Salon@. It’s never been easier to help someone else feel good.
Your ‘Feel good, Do good’ ticket includes;
- Goody bag with over £100 worth of gorgeous products
- Access to our “Shh, It’s a Secret” sale, offering branded products at a fraction of the price. The perfect time to pick up stocking fillers, or treat yourself, with brands you will not find at this price anywhere else.
- Christmas Party Make Up Class – Learn how to use some of the products in your goody bag to create a glamorous look ready for the festive frivolities.
- Go to Glam Hair Class – Learn how to from “work” to “wow” in no time at all. Getting glam has never been so easy with our tips and tricks…
- Unwind and Reset, Night time Skincare Class – A lesson from our Dermalogica Specialist showing you how to get your radiant glow back after a stressful day or a partying night
‘Poverty in the UK is set to get worse this winter, with people not being able to afford heating or electricity, and needing to use foodbanks more than ever, essential hygiene products like soap and toothpaste just become too unaffordable. The knock-on effect is huge, not just on physical health, but on mental wellbeing too. We are really grateful to Salon@ for helping make a difference to their local communities. After such a difficult time for the beauty industry it’s really heart-warming to see people wanting to reach out and show kindness and care for others. We can all do something, and that’s a wonderful thing!’ – Karen Harvey, Founder of Toiletries Amnesty.
Join Salon@ and Toiletries Amnesty in Downham Market on the evening of 02 November 2021.
Every penny of your ticket price will go towards helping someone who is living in hygiene poverty this winter, providing essential items as well as offering a little bit of Christmas cheer. Small actions make big changes.
Tickets are just £40 and can be booked directly through Salon@ by phoning 01366 321417, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or dropping in to their salon at The Hythe, Bridge Road, Downham Market.